Tuesday 12 October 2010

I'm back, with a 'Hello'!

Hi everyone,

I'm back in blog-land, finally. It's almost been a whole month since my last post - life has been absolutely crazy, including colds and work, not to mention trips to the hospital to see my poor aunty...

Anyway, here is my offering for today:



So I saw that beautiful piece of cardstock and thought, "I know what colours to put with this!!!"... but once I'd sorted the colours, I just couldn't work out how to put it together!

It took 2 days just to work out what to do!!! But once I figured it out, it didn't take long to assemble. I love those little birdies at the bottom by Hero Arts - aren't they cute?!
And don't ask me what that little 'ornament' is on the left; I don't really know what I was doing there, but I think it looks okay!
Very 'autumn'-y! Yay for autumn colours!

Oh and I wanted to create a little window, which I managed. It was hard to know what to put in it, once I'd had the idea... so I stamped the sentiment and went over it with some turquoise glue-stickles.

Hope you like it!


SUPPLIES:

Cardstock: Teal cardstock from the Papermill; Generic white; Strips of Kraft; Birdies from the DCWV's 'The Green Stack'
Stamps: from 'Anyone Can Stamp' Hero Arts Birds and Branches set
Tools: Fiskars scalloped border punch; Scissors; Paper trimmer, 1" hole punch, Dimentional adhesive stickers
Extra bits: Teal ribbon; White gel pen; Ranger's turquoise Glue Stickles; a green button from my stash


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
1. Everything But the Kitchen Sink - Bag inspiration challenge

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha! Welcome back! Cute card! The birdies are very cute! Love the Turquoise bow and the sentiment. Makes the card pop. It is hard to get back in the swing of thing when you've been gone. I was gone almost all of September! I hated it, but you can't do much about it. Hope your Auntie is OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love all the birds! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasha! So glad to see you back! Your card is lovely. and I love the "ornament thingy" on the left. Well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x