Monday 13 September 2010

3 Little Russian Dolls

Hi everyone,

Last weekend I thought I'd use a stamp set that I've had for a few months, and really love, but haven't really worked out how to colour or use!

I got my inspiration from Craftie Charlie's blog. I wanted to use all 3 dolls, but I had pre-coloured these images, and didn't have the others in the colours to match the set. So next time...

Anyway, here it is:



This one was REALLY simple to make, and probably took about 5 minutes to assemble (I don't count colouring the dolls - they were longer!). It's the first time I've used vellum, and I absolutely love it! It has such a lovely effect - I'll probably be making much more use of it now!

Oh, and in the background on the right, you'll see my stack of new 6x6 paper, which I cut down from 12x12s - that's only half the stack! Organising the patterns comes next... that's going to take a while!

Anyway, hope you like the card! TTFN x


SUPPLIES:
Cardstock: White; K&Co stripey paper from my oversized paper stack; vellum (I'll add it here)
Stamps: Russian Dolls by Hero Arts (I have the wooden set, but you can get clear stamps too)
Accents/other: White gel pen; Dimentional stickers; Silver-grey ribbon from my stash


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Colour Throwdown: #109
2. Digital Tuesday Challenge: Dots and Stripes
3. 365 Cards: Tools & Techniques

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, Tasha. I haven't used those russian dolls ONCE in a card yet. I'm afraid it was an impulsive purchse of mine. (my one weakness. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute images. I like them on the vellum background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love the little dolls! Thank you for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the dolls, they are colored very nicely! You are very ambitious with the paper! It is a good idea though. One less step to do later. Have fun organizing. seems like a never ending job for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x