Wednesday 23 March 2011

Something a little different

Hi everyone,

Well, this post is a little different to my usual, because (drumroll, please)... I made something other than a card! (So I apologise for this one being extremely photo-heavy...)

I'd like to introduce to you my first little pocket-mini-album!




(Isn't it pretty?!)
Well, the story behind this little book is that I was browsing the web and came across a video tutorial (here) which helped you make a mini-album with cute little pockets in which to store all your stuff!
So I realise now that in the States, mini-albums and scrapbooks are pretty common, but here in the UK they are a well-kept secret! I guess I understand why they are soooooooo expensive when you do come by them in those cute little village gift-shops by the sea... they are pretty rare!

So I was chuffed to bits to find out that I could make something so cute myself, with what I have to hand!

I made this album with a couple of friends in mind; it was their 2-year anniversary at the end of last year, and I decided to make them something unique.
I haven't been able to post it until now, though, because I hadn't got round to giving it to them until this weekend (...oops!)!!! But it's the thought that counts, right?

Okay, so about the book...

1. I kept the front cover blank, so that they can personalise it however they like. I toyed with creating a front cover myself for the LONGEST time, but then decided that they probably have their own favourite photo to add, and this may turn into a holiday album or something; I didn't want to force it into anything. Hence the simple kraft front cover. (And of course, I added ribbon, because... well, you know... I had to!).


2. Okay, so this is the inside cover, and is a little different to the rest of the pages, as you'll soon see, because it doesn't have an envelope-flap. So this would be a great pocket for large photos, or items that aren't likely to slide out easily.
I left it blank so that it can be used as a photo-mat, or even the base of a collage.
3. Page three also includes a pocket, as well as a place for notes, photos, cinema-stubbs... anything, really!


(Excuse my fingers!)

 4. The next page is pretty much the same as the inside cover, except for just one difference: it has a flap over the top, which makes the pocket great for storing smaller items in. Notice that the flap is made from the end of the paper used on the previous page. I love the contrast!


5. I slipped a journalling-tag into the pocket on the next page, along with a gorgous little frame (cut using my Silhouette machine).


6. The next page is another pocket and photo-mat




And this photo is just to show that the flap on each pocket has a different under-side, for more contrast. I love all these stunning papers!

7. Another pocket with a journalling-tag added (and this one has a ribbon-tab)


8. Another photo-mat and pocket


9. A pocket with journalling-tag


10. Pocket and photo-mat


11. Pocket and journalling-tag


12. Pocket and photo-mat


13. This is the inside back-cover, so again, it has no flap, but still has a pocket and space for journalling on the side


14. And finally, here is the back cover:


Phew! Sorry for such a long post; I just wanted to show you every page because this paper is so pretty (details below).

And finally, here it is, all wrapped up:


I used blue/teal tissue paper to wrap it, and then slipped the album into a plastic box which originally had a set of stamps in it, from Papertrey Ink.
I took off the label that came with it, and replaced it with some patterned paper. Then I stamped the label and sentiment, cut it out, and stuck it down on top (it's a little off-centre, I know!).

Ooh, can't wait to give it to them! I hope they like it!!!

Well! That's it from me - again, I apologise for such a long post, but I had such a feeling of accomplishment after making that album, and just had to share :) 

Take care and I'll be back soon with another card.

Tasha :)

SUPPLIES (used to decorate):
Mini-album
Paper: Ancestry photomats, K&Co; Linen cardstock, Papermill Direct; Kraft cardstock, from my stash; Cream cardstock, from my stash
Ribbon: eBay

Gift-box
Paper: K&Co mega stack; 200gsm white cardstock, Rymans Stationers
Stamps: Matstack 4 and Mega Mixed Messages, both Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento black ink; Blue ink from my stash.
Misc: Scissors; ATG gun

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Tasha! The papers are fabulous! Each page has something fun! This is a fantastic gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Tasha. Those papers give it a really rich, opulent feel. Very well done.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Tasha! Don't apologize for a long post cos I would have rung your neck if you hadn't shown me the inside! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tasha! I really love your new creation! Its such a great idea and perfect present too! I love all the different patterns and papers! I love your makeover of your website! It's tres cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x