Wednesday 6 July 2011

The fun begins...

Hi everyone!

Phew, it feels like ages since I've posted anything! I wanted to get online yesterday but I just didn't get a chance, but the good news is that I've been crafting up a storm here :)

Jess Larsen of Jess Larsen Design has set us a fun challenge over at her site: try using the same stamp for one week.

I've decided to play along because I think it's a great idea to use stamps in a different way.
It can be difficult, sometimes, to think of different layouts that feature the same image, but I've proved to myself this week that it's possible!

I've focused on the cute elephant from the 'Circus Animals' set by My Cute Stamps. Here's what I came up with:



And a close-up of the central panel:


I used patterned paper to hightlight the simple image, and some twine to set the panel off.
The main card was inked heavily with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and the elephant was inked with the same, but mainly Weathered Wood.

I have to rush off to work now, but will try and post the supplies soon.

Tomorrow, I'll have another card using the same stamp but in a different layout.

Take care until then!!!


3 comments:

  1. such a very cute card!! I love it !! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so happy you have decided to try it out. I'm finding it surprisingly difficult! I would love to do a collaborative week with you sometime — e-mail me and let me know if that would be something you would like to do. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea! Love the distressed back round and the red polka dotted paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x