Thursday 7 July 2011

Thursday's elephant is... textured!

Hey guys,

I'd like to introduce you to Thursday's elephant from My Cute Stamps' 'Circus Animals' set:


And a close-up of that 'texture':




Okay, so here I've stamped the elephant 3 times on Kraft cardstock, stamped two of them with Hero Arts background stamps in brown ink for the texture, and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. This helps give them some depth and makes them stand out more.

I fussy-cut the elephants and their tails, went round the edges with a Memento marker, and stuck them down on some cardstock that I had stamped using the 'Teeny Tiny Backdrops' stamp from Lawn Fawn, in Spice Tin Jenni Bowlin ink.

Phew! I finally added the sentiment from the 'Sentiment Sampler' set by Paper Smooches, and 'Smitty's ABCs' by Lawn Fawn, also in Spice Tin, inked all the edges in more Vintage photo, and adhered.

It didn't take long to make, and it's nice, simple and effective! It makes a great all-round card, and fits into the 'masculine' category as well, I thnk - it made my husband hoot with laughter when he saw that punny sentiment :)
That's my kind of card.

And one more thing - I know I sort of cheated with using more than one stamp, but I only used one IMAGE stamp, so I think that counts :)
I also wanted to show you that it's OK to mix stamps! These are 4 of my all-time favourite stamp companies, and they complement each other really well, which is great. It adds so much more versatility to your stamp collection.

That's it for today! Join me tomorrow for another elephant :)



SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Backdrops and Smitty's ABCs, Lawn Fawn; Circus Animals, My Cute Stamps; Sentiment Sampler, Paper Smooches; Dots and envelope pattern, Hero Arts
Ink: Spice Tin, Jenni Bowlin; Vintage Photo, Tim Holtz; Tuxedo Black memento ink pad and marker
Cardstock: Kraft, White, from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Another cutie! Love them stacked and textured! Backround paper is nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x