Thursday 2 February 2012

Hang In There

Wow.

So it's been 4 months since I seemingly dropped off the face of the planet!!!

The absence has been due to a lot of things, mainly being busy looking after my aunt as her condition worsens, but also because I lost my mojo for a while! And even my desire to craft. I got a bit worried because I would sit there looking at my craft desk, and feel absoultely nothing!

Anyway. Yesterday my fingers started itching (metaphorically, of course), and I started to whip up cards out of nowhere! I don't know what came over me, but it was wonderful! So I'll be sharing these over the course of the next week.

Here's the first one:


And a close-up of some of the accents:


I tried to keep it pretty simple, but in fact this card took FOREVER! For one thing, I was trying to match the polaroid image to a patterned paper background that just would not work! So I took another piece of patterned paper, stamped it using Teeny Tiny Backdrops in white chalk ink, and that looked so much better!
The cute little critter, sentiment and banner are all from the 'Hang Ups' stamp set from Paper Smooches. The polaroid is from Lawn Fawn's 'Say Cheese' set.

I'm entering this into the Young Crafters Unite challenge:

 

Based on this sketch:

 

It's good to be back :)

Catch you later,

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x