Thursday 27 January 2011

The Masculine Commission

Hi all.

So, a friend made my husband some cufflinks (very nice and unique ones, made of wood!) and Bob commissioned a masculine thank-you card to give him.

I did 'um' and 'ah' a little, but this is what I came up with:


And a close-up of the sentiment and that gorgeous blend of colours:



Isn't it pretty? (Not sure if 'pretty' is the look to go for on a boy's card, but oh well...) I just love how the colours all fade into each other to give a beautiful effect. (I actually learned this technique from Jill Foster - you can view the post from her site, Stamping Inspired By..., here.)

I distressed the background first, using Antique Linen distress ink. Then I inked up my Hero Arts Starburst Lace stamp with Chipped Saphire, Broken China and Vintage Photo distress inks, spritzed with water using my Rangers mini-mister, and stamped onto the distressed paper.
I repeated this process, layering the colours in different orders for the other two images, before distressing the outer edge in vintage photo.

The sentiment was simply stamped on white cardstock, cut out, coners rounded, and adhered to the front with 3D foam squares.

There's just something about this stamp and technique that makes me want to stare at this one forever; do you know what I mean?! Looking forward to using it lots more, so: be warned! :)

Well, that's it from me for today. Thanks for stopping by the site; hope you'll come back soon!

Tasha

3 comments:

  1. Tasha this is great! I love this stamp it is can be used with many styles! The varigating ink is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is a great masculine card, Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tasha! I REALLY love this card! :) I love the stamp and how the colours blend into each other! Really cool Technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x