Sunday 16 January 2011

The one you've all been waiting for... (drumroll, please!)

Hi everyone,

Okay, well I can finally reveal what I've been working on these last few months: the much-spoken about wedding invitations!!!
I handed them over late this week, and they're being distributed (possibly) as we speak!

Here is the overall effect:


The card is made up of the following elements:


Front
Close-up of the embossed detail


Inside - An inner pocket to hold the details-tag


A (very poor) image of the tag with the info blurred out (I'll see if I can post a better one soon)





A close-up of the sentiment, which can be seen through the vellum panel on the front of the card


The envelope


And a picture of the complete invitation


Phew! So there it is. What do you think?

That's it for today - I've got the dreaded cold that's been going round, so I'll be resting up a bit this week!
I may have some extra time for crafting, though...

Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha!
    You did a nice job on these invites! There's a lot of tricky elements to it: the window that has to be lined up perfectly,the inner photo which also has to be lined up to the window and the lovely pocket detail which is a totally fab idea!
    You did awesome! I hope you are proud of yourself!
    PS) mY Dad always used to get me chocolate covered cherries when I was sick (along with Ben &Jerry's Icecream, peanut butter cups and pepto bismol ~ to stop diarheah and ease nausea~ you knida need that when you're eating chocolate and icecream when you're sick!) lol Jonathan does the proper thing and gets me fresh fruit. :-( No fun at all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful Tasha! Love that rich red color! Love the window and their picture! They are going to be so happy with these! It looks like a lot of work, but well worth it! It is something they will cherish for a long time! They are great! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x