Tuesday 18 January 2011

One I made earlier

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a card with you that I made a couple of months ago.
A couple of my friends were going up to see (his) parents, for their anniversary. So I made a card for the occasion.

Again, I have to admit that this totally wasn't an original of mine... it was inspired by this card, by Britta Swiderski (you can see her post about this card here):





Britta is a hugely talented crafter, and if you haven't checked out her site, it's at: www.brittaswiderski.com. She also makes fun and helpful video tutorials on making cards, along with new techniques, tips and tricks.

I thought this idea would work well as an anniversary card too - flowers that represent people - so I came up with this:


And a close-up of the sentiment:





I cut the flowers and circles using my Silhouette machine, and printed the sentiment out on the computer, as I didn't have a sentiment stamp that was quite right in my stash!

The paper is from Dovecraft's Eastern Promise collection, and the white cardstock is linen cardstock by the Papermill.

Thanks for looking! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tasha! Like the colors you chose to represent them. You do really good with the faux stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Natasha! I'm so happy that one of my cards inspired to make this! Thank you so much for your sweet words and comments over at my blog; this totally made my day. I love that you used the pretty red floral paper to represent your parents and love. Just a lovely take! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x