Saturday 7 August 2010

Happy Day

Here's my second post for the day - I've had a much-longed-for day off, so got crafting!

Here is my next card:


And a close-up of the sentiment (and the 3D effect):


I thought I would try and incorporate the design of my last card into this one, because I personally like to see variations on a certain style.

I did some more distressing, with the pale blue - I love how it brings out the blue in the centre of the card.

I tried a blue button, and then a red one, with the sentiment, but settled on white - it keeps it simple but finishes it off nicely. I haven't used buttons in a while!


SUPPLIES:

- Nestabilities circle, and scalloped circle die (largest of both)
- Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly punch
- K&Co Amy Butler Lotus designer mat pad
- White square cardstock (Anita's Card Blanks)
- Dimentional adhesive squares, and glue dots
- Sponge douber
- That blue Japanese ink again
- Versamark ink (and heat tool)
- Hero Arts design block - "Butterflies and Flowers"
- Sentiment from the Inkadinkado 'Lots 'o pots' stamp set
- Button - just a little white one I got in a bag from eBay


Hope you like it - please let me know what you think!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Little red wagon - Circles, Circles, Circles!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha!
    You've been busy! Its great! I love the button banner detail and the scalloped edge to your window. I think that's pretty cool. Keep up the good work!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, Im glad youve taken the word verification off. Its so annoying. lol .And the worst thing is you dont even know its on because you dont leave comments on your own blog! I checked mine when I was getting annoyed with other peoples and realized it was on by default, so you HAVE to uncheck it. Live and learn, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasha, We will have to chat more by E-Mail. Drocas is so sweet she is always concerned for me that I do not have enough friends! Now you have one more! Great card. I like the cut out circle and the butterflies are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing!
    Dee - LRW DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x