Sunday 8 August 2010

Kimono Congratulations Cutie

Hello again,

This card has taken me AGES today, but it is FINALLY finished! And after agonising over it and hating it for a while... I've actually grown to quite like it!

I absolutely LOVE the digi-stamp from Stretch N' Bubbles' "Zen" collection, especially with my love of Japan!

Here it is:




I used a sketch from a magazine I bought, and I was determined to use this image - that was the difficult part, because I'd printed it a little larger than what would be ideal for a card of this size.
But still, I think with the faux-stitching and use of Kraft cardstock in a couple of places, it's helped tie all the colours together.

I made it for my boss who has just had a baby - hope she likes it!


SUPPLIES:

- 'A Blessing' digi-stamp from 'Stretch n' Bubbles'
- White linen cardstock from the Papermill
- Kraft cardstock (Bazzil)
- Some red ribbon I've had lying around for absolutely ages
- Some turquoise cardstock that I got in a pack from Costco - sorry not sure what it's called
- Copices
- Nestabilities dies
- A random button I got on eBay
- Sentiment from Hero Arts
- And the flowers are some that I cut from some K&Co paper, and then curled up the petals!


I would like to enter this into:

Sentimental Sundays - Anything goes

4 comments:

  1. THis is really sweet, tasha! I can see you put alot of time and attention to detail in this. I love your faux stitching, very tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the faux stitching too - especially like the way the button is mounted on a punched circle with faux stitching. I don't think the image is too big at all - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I love the layout and faux stitching detail.

    Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Anything Goes” challenge. Good luck!

    Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! The image is perfect. Great coloring! Your boss will love this! I do and I did not just have A baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x