Sunday 8 August 2010

Nestabilities Storage

I was introduced to Nestabilities dies by my good friend and fellow crafter, Dorcas, of Dorcas Designs. But the really tricky thing with Nestabilities is the storage!

I used to keep all my different dies in their packaging, in an A4 storage file from Ikea. But this kind of stopped me from using them because it was such a hassle getting them out every time, and then I'd keep them out because it was such a hassle putting them back, and then they would clutter my craft table...

But then Dorcas posted  a great Nestabilities storage idea on her blog. She very kindly sent me these rings, and here's how I used them:



The hooks are the tiny 'cup hooks', which I got from Homebase - they're really cheap, and you don't need to drill any holes, so they won't split the wood you're attaching them to.
I had to use these because it was most convenient to add hooks to my craft shelf - Dorcas hangs hers in other places; go have a look if you like, it's really useful!

Hope this helps!

3 comments:

  1. What a clever friend you have..lol I like how youve got them hanging up. If I had a wall facing desk I would have pegboard or something but alas....no free wall space. This is nice, you can just grab them without leaving your seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a humble friend too! LOL She is clever even if she does say so herself! It is so nice when you can have your fav tools handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good tip for nesties! I still keep mine in their plastic case I bought from the store. Yes, I'm a 'still new and uncreased' freak lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x