Sunday 5 June 2011

Sketches are fun!

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing okay and that rain didn't affect your Sunday too badly! It's been raining on and off all day today here in the UK, and also in France, as we found out when the tennis was postponed for a few minutes! All was well though and they managed to finish the match. This is good for me because I get to craft guilt-free while my Mr is glued to the game :)

Today I created a card based on a sketch (for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge CFC5). I rarely do this, and today I wondered why, because I found it quite useful! Also, it stops my cards from all looking a bit same-y.

This is the sketch:


Here is the card for today:


And a close-up of those cutsie little windmills (that's what I call them!):


I paper-pieced the windmills and added some stitching and distressing to them. I also curled the tails up a little to give them some dimention, and added some gems to the centres for added interest.

I am just LOVING my Lawn Fawn stamps! The new ones are just lovely to use, and there are sooooo many different occasions you can use them for! I just can't stop! You'll soon see evidence of that here...(!)

For all those of you who asked after my aunt, thank you so much for that, your kind words were much appreciated. You'll be pleased to know that she's back home, safe, sound and well :)

Anyway, that's it for now. I'd better go - work in the morning, and all that.


Take care!




SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Cruising Through Life/ Sophie's Sentiments, Lawn Fawn; Cling Dots, Hero Arts
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Memento; Vintage Photo distress ink, Ranger; Chestnut Roan chalk ink, Colorbox
Cardstock: White and Kraft from my stash
Etc: Twine; Rhinestones; Vellum; 3D squares - all from my stash

11 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha! This card is absolutely delightful! you used the sketch so effectively and beautifully! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the windmills Natasha, I must get mine in use too...so many ideas where to start!
    Love how you've used the sketch:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Natasha! I love those "windmills"! Great paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever take on the sketch1 I love your pinwheels and the vellum strip. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is adorable, great take on m sketch!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pinwheels are so fun!! I have those too and have yet to ink them up! Thanks for the great inspiration! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ca-YUTE!! Lovin' those sweet pinwheels! Great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and creative take on the sketch! How much fun! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Love the twine and kraft.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x