Monday 30 May 2011

New Fawny Stamps - Admit One

Hey everyone,

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend and Bank Holiday Monday for those in the UK :)

I've been doing some serious crafting this weekend, as I had more time (due to various circumstances) than usual, and I'll be showing you them this week.

The first card uses a new stamp set from Lawn Fawn called 'Admit One'. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, and had to incorporate two of my favourites into this card - the ferris wheel and the ticket:




A close-up of the pretty ferris wheel:


And one of the row of tickets:




I thought I'd put the sentiment on the inside of the card, as I thought it would be too cluttered on the front. (The sentiment reads 'You make my world go round', but I forgot to take a photo! D'oh!)

Instead of using patterned papers on this card, I thought I'd do some distressing and embossing instead, because I just don't do enough of the latter!

I embossed and inked up the top and bottom of this card, and then added my copic-coloured ferris wheel. The ticket strip was made by stamping the ticket repeatedly on kraft cardstock, cutting it out and then distressing it using some Vintage Photo.

It's a bit difficult this end at the moment; my aunty, who I've mentioned a couple of times on the site, has gone into hospital :(
Not sure how serious it is yet, which leaves everything up in the air somewhat. But hopefully we'll know more tomorrow. So it's been a bit of a stressful weekend!

Anyway, that's it from me today. Off to the hospital in a bit - hope it doesn't rain; the weather's not great here! At least it's nicer in France for the tennis - means my husband has had fun watching it :)

Take care!



SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Admit One / Say Cheese, Lawn Fawn; Up, Up & Away, Papertrey Ink; Cling dots, Hero Arts
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Memento; Barn Door/ Vintage Photo/ Tumbled Glass/ Stormy Sky distress inks, Ranger; Versamark; Copics; Signo uni-ball white gel pen
Cardstock: Square card blank, Anita's cards; Kraft cardstock; 200gsm white coated cardstock, Ryman's
Etc.: White embossing powder; 3D foam squares; Distressing tool, Ranger

2 comments:

  1. Natasha what a gorgeous style you have!!Love your card and praying your anunty makes a speedy recovery. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x