Saturday 21 May 2011

Finally... Gorjuss girls are here :)

Hey everyone,

For the last year or so I have been looking at the 'Gorjuss' girls. I've been 'um'-ing and 'ah'-ing, and never getting round to buying them, for various reasons.
But when I saw the new clear-stamp releases with the Gorjuss-ettes, I just knew I HAD to have them!

I have to say, I find it difficult to do the whole 'cute card' thing when it comes to little people (I used to do it in the past but my syle's changed considerably since I started out!). But, after much deliberation and procrastination, I'm pleased to say I like how this one turned out :)

Introducing: "I Found My Family In A Book" (this one's actually a red-rubber stamp)


And a close-up of that sentiment and the distressing on the paper:



So tell me, whaddayathink? Isn't she just soooo cute!
But I wanted to do these stamps justice; the 'look' of the girls is a bit more brooding and less sparkly, so I thought the distressing technique would be fitting.

I went for the look of aged denim - you know sometimes on jeans you get the little red label that sticks out of the side? That's what the little red tag is meant to resemble!

The strips of patterned paper on the top and bottom are from some patterned paper in my stash. It wasn't quite how I liked it, so I distressed it using 'Weathered Wood' ink, and then stamped it randomly in different directions using the 'Friend Definition' stamp from Hero Arts.

Hope you like it and that it may have inspired you to go more 'cute-sy' without it looking sickly-sweet :)





SUPPLIES:
Stamps: "I Found My Family In A Book", Gorjuss (Suzanne Woolcott); Friend Definition, Hero Arts
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Memento; Antique Linen and Weathered Wood distress inks
Cardstock: Square white card blanks, Anita's Cards; Patterned paper (from my stash); 200gsm coated cardstock in white, Ryman's Stationers
Etc.: Prismacolor pencils; 3D squares; Distressing tool, Ranger; Fiskars fingertip craft knife

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tash! I really like your new card! I think all of it is super cute :) It is Gorjuss!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x