Tuesday 10 May 2011

Weddings, weddings, lovely weddings :)

Hi everyone,

Phew! What a crazy, crazy day! I'm loving being back at work, but the days are mental!!! Oh well, at least they fly by!

So, the card I want to share with you today is a special one; I incorporated some of my favourite Distress Ink colours, and a couple of nice techniques.
It's one of those 'made especially for you' cards, and I think my friend liked it; it's very girly and feminine, like her!




I distressed the card in stages using Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concorde, to give it a sunset-like look. The main birdcages are tilted for a 'motion' effect, and those cute little birdies (My Cute Stamps) have had a coat of Glossy Accents to make them poppety-pop!

Hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any questions just let me know! :)





SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Elegant Birds, MyCuteStamps
Ink: Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concorde; Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan; Memento black ink
Cardstock: Linen cardstock, Papermill Direct; White coated cardstock,
Etc: Glossy Accents, Ranger; Signo white gel pen; pearls (from stash); Copics; Glitter embossing powder (from stash); 3D squares; (Hearts cut on Silhouette)

3 comments:

  1. Another cutie Tasha! Love the color technique on the paper. Great sparkles and glossy birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the touch of sparkle and the glossy effects. The background color is nice too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tasha! I love the way you distressed this card and the colours blend really well! The glossy birds are a beautiful touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love reading them; they are so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you again! x